Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Punk Rock Watches, and AWESOME customer service!

For most of my so called "adult" life, I would purchase a wrist watch for 7 or 8 bucks at that store with the bulls eye logo, wear it for a year or two, replace the battery, and get a couple more years use out of it. By then, the band would be shot, and the face of the watch would be all scuffed and scratched. So, the watch would go to the landfill, and I'd purchase another $7 time piece and start the process all over again. Well, that cycle ended this month, when I saw this Nemesis Punk Rock watch on Amazon dot com, and I knew I had to have it. So, the watch arrives, and when I attempted to set the time, I pulled the stupid crown completely out! DUMB ASS! I tried to put it back in, and I could not get it to go back all the way. It's sticking out about an eighth of an inch, and the second hand has stopped moving. YOU FUCKING IDIOT, YOU WRECKED YOUR BRAND NEW WATCH, I said to myself. Of course the watch has a warranty, but to take advantage of that, I'd have to pay for shipping to California, and give them a check for $12.95 to cover return postage. And, would it even cover a dumb ass breaking the crown? Maybe I could get it fixed in town for less than that, I said to myself. My first stop was this fancy schmancy diamond seller and watch repair shop in downtown Minneapolis. The jeweler had skulls and cross bones on his suspenders, so I had a good feeling about this place. I showed him the watch, told him what I did to it, and explained the warranty. He looks at it and says, "Nobody has parts for these, your best bet is sending it back to California". I thanked him for his time, and headed out to The Mall of America. On the 3rd floor, at the North end of the mall, is a jewelry repair shop called Fixology. I explain my predicament again to the jeweler at Fixology. He takes the watch, pulls out the crown, shakes the watch next to his ear, FULLY reinserts the crown, sets the time, and I'm on my way. I don't know why I couldn't do that, or why the first jeweler didn't try it, but now Fixology has a customer for LIFE!    

No comments:

Post a Comment